Monday, June 9, 2014

Paul Weller (AB Brussels)

My husband is much more of a Paul Weller fan than I am, so when I heard he was coming to the AB in Brussels, I got him tickets for Father's Day. However, I do have a couple of Jam and Style Council tapes (yes, tapes - I'm old) in my collection, so I was also looking forward to the concert. This is my favorite Paul Weller song: He didn't play it in Brussels; he only played one other number that I knew from his Style Council days (My Ever Changing Moods, video below) and the awesome Start from the Jam, but he had me from the minute he walked on stage and started playing to the very end. The Modfather - wow! Very intense, incredible guitarist, great singer. And a silver fox to boot. Here is he is with the band who supported him last night in Brussels (who were great as well): It was hot and sweaty in the AB but I'm really glad we went to Brussels on a muggy, steamy, stormy night to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment