Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Paulien Cornelisse - "Maar ondertussen"

Linda and I went to see the stand-up comedy show by Dutch comedienne Paulien Cornelisse last week, and we both enjoyed it.  I had seen Cornelisse a few times on the TV show "De Slimste Mens" and thought she was funny in a quirky but low-key fashion, which is what motivated me to pick her stand-up show when we were putting our annual culture subscription together last summer.

This was her third theater show, and it got lots of good reviews in the press, so I had high expectations.

She started out the show by playing the flute solo from "California Dreaming" on a recorder, and then got started with what felt like tales she would share with a good friend, lots of things I could relate to.  She also had a microscope set up on stage, projected with a camera onto a screen, so we could all enjoy her analysis of her own saliva and blood, which I have to admit, was kind of gross.

Other than that, the show was funny without being vulgar, thought-provoking and made for an enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment